Thread: Noise issues
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sonic370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Tour Sprt M6
Sonic370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4nissan09 View Post
I've had my 370 for five months and have put 6,500 miles on her. I love the handling, acceleration and looks, but I'm still put off by the tire noise on less than perfect pavement. There are a few rattles coming from the hatch and around the driver seat belt feed (@ my left ear). I have been checking out tires at Tire Rack and it seems that Michelin PS2's are quiet compared to the stock Bridgestone re050. Does anyone have experience with PS2's and I'm also thinking about installing some Dynamat @ the wheel wells.
I'm right there with you, I love EVERYTHING about this car, and it is without a doubt leaps and bounds above anything I have previously owned. That being said, here's my 2 cents.

Yes, the Bridgestones are loud as hell. I had the EXACT same tires on my G35 coupe. Believe me, wait until you reach the end of their life around 25,000 miles and they REALLY get loud, to the point that they almost roar in low-speed corners. I replaced them with Michelin PS2's and I could not BELIEVE how much quieter and comfortable they were. I was very happy with the PS2's on my G35 coupe, I intend on doing the same when the time comes for the 370Z.

I also have a hatch rattle when it is hot outside that I cannot identify (not brake light, not the cross bar), as well as the same noise from the driver side seatbelt feed (left ear) as you mentioned.

None of these things take away from everything I love about this car, so I'm certainly not complaining. I simply hope to remedy the rattles and replace the tires in due time so I can be 100% satisfied with my purchase, and not just 99% happy.

Last edited by Sonic370Z; 08-27-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Sonic370Z is offline   Reply With Quote