View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #956 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

I look at this from a different perspective. I have my Z. It's not going anyway.

I have my daily driver Mazda 3, but the love is wearing off. The Z is a no-go as a daily driver -- for various reasons including gridlock every morning.

What cars are out there that will be fun as a DD, sporty, more or less cheap to run and maintain, and, oh ... by the way ... I'm sick of FWD and 4 doors.

My choices are basically the FRS, MX-5, or the BRZ. For my purposes, the BRZ looks like a solid deal -- better interior than the MX-5 and FRS. More practical than the MX-5 (plus I already have a convertible so a used s2000 is out as well). I looked at the BMW 1 series, but those are starting to get up there in price and the 128 doesn't have much better performance than the BRZ for about 8K more ...

Did I leave anything out? What other RWD coupes around 28K or under are there that get better mileage than an SUV (to rule out the RX-8 which I would pick up in a heartbeat if they got better gas mileage and their rear seals didn't blow in the Texas heat).

Last edited by Zaggeron; 05-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.