View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #955 (permalink)
NeoSHNIK
Base Member

Drives: 370z 40th 6MT
NeoSHNIK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo2max99 View Post
Your "grown up" Z? Well your "grown up" Z gets destroyed by a little MX-5 where it matters.
Pretty sure most of 370z owners have researched the sports car market before choosing the Z. I'm sure we all understand that the cute Miata has good cornering capabilities but that's about it. So we chose the Z for a reason.
Most cars have something special. If you care about the price, you should go with Versa and you can say that "where it matters" Versa destroys all competition. If all that matters is interior quality you will say Aston Martin Raptide destroys all competition "where it matters". If you care about a straight line acceleration at a good price you will say that the mustang destroys all "where it matters"... and everyone is right from their own perspective.
So it seems like cornering is the only one thing that matters to you. You don't care how silly your car looks. You don't care about acceleration and power? You don't care about interior quality. You don't care how all the stats translate to track times or quarter mile times. In that case, yes, the Miata is best for you.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that from the perspective of Z owners (and that's your audience right now), Miata doesn't "destroy competition where it matters" for most Z owners... especially not me. Try this trick on Miata forums and I'm sure you can get some extra respect