View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #951 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo2max99 View Post
Too many judge cars like this:

Car A: $ 35k / 300hp

Car B: $35k / 200hp

Conclusion: Car is "A" is superior because you get more horse power per dollar.

Of course this is a ridiculous way to go about evaluating the worth of a car but this is unfortunately how most do it.

Marketers need to do a better job at convincing the public that #'s don't even begin to tell the full story. Until this happens the horse power wars will continue.

They'll continue to produce over powered cars with extremely high limits that aren't much fun to drive unless your on a race track.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yomh0e
Mazda seemed to do fine convincing people that you don't need power to have fun? I have owned Mazda MX5 and found that car more fun to drive than heavier more powerfully Porsche boxsters I owned. Toyota and subi built something very close to 2.5 liter Porsche Boxster. Great car but boring as heck to drive on street

My 450 HP sub 3000 lb Z is a true hoot to drive compared to well buttoned down boxsters.

I also owned 3 porsche 914s and 914/6. Way less power than anything above including BRZ but fun to drive.

I don't think BRZ developers got the fun to drive piece completely. I'm waiting for next generation. They will still send a ton based on hype but serious sports car drivers are likely be on the fence.

To be honest I had a Toyota Echo with full coil overs and big swaybars that was one of most fun cars I have ever driven it would set into turn with oversteer and had to use its 95 Ho to haul it out of a spin.

Last edited by Shamu; 05-15-2012 at 11:23 PM.