View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
need4speed
Base Member

Drives: 08 altima 3.5se
need4speed is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Quit reading the Reviews. Loud and rough compared to what? A Lincoln town car? Sure.. OK.... Go Drive it. Neither are the case in reality especially if you're coming from a 350..
I have to agree with my arch nemesis on this one. Lol
When I get a chance to drive this car I'm in luv. People complain of harshness at high revs as well. Truthfully. It wouldn't be japanese if it didn't rev harsh up top.
My rx 7 was a bigger screamer than my wife n I luvd every minute of it.
Yeah it sounds like the engine is crying. No not like its about to break. More like its shooting an m63a at the enemy and it doesn't care if it lives or dies after the battle.
And truthfully. If u don't like the way it sounds u can either make it louder,deeper or quiet it down with an aftermarket exahaust. This is a whole lot of car for the money.
Don't go by the reviews. Test drive. I've done 3 Z test drives. 2 genesis coupe test drives 2 camaro test drives (v8) 1 mustang test drive . I had no intention of buying the american cars.
I just wanted to see how they compared.
The Z's handling is soooooooo superior to any of these cars. That engine harshness tire noise and all those I can replace 4 a few bucks issues go out the door.
You can get a camaro or mustang. And have some serious power and a lot of fun.
They sound good. Handle great in a everyday car kinda way. N have high end power the z falls a lil short on. BUT, THEY WILL NOT OUTRUN THE Z ON A HIGHWAY CUZ THEY CAN'T OUTMANEUVER A Z ON THE HIGHWAY. These cars have no leg on the Z cuz the Z is a different breed. Get yourself a z base/sport package. Carbon fiber hood n 1/4 panels.
Lower it n add sways, intake headers and exhaust n grounding kit... plus your flywheel set up. Maybe 5grand? U will definately be in porsche handling for real. So 38k will make u a 70k porsche stomper. Lol. This car is the best overall performer of the bunch I just mentioned. And that's long test drive experiences. Not a ride around the block.
Solo rides for 1 hour. U can really get the impression really well if u do it that way. I'm goin this weekend to north texas nissan for test drive #4 lol.
I talk to the dealers while I'm out there. Get a feel for them. Throw preliminary numbers and feel out who I can work with. So far its don davis and nissan of fort worth I'm likin best. By the time I actually buy the z. I will have 8 to 10 hours free driving time wasting other peoples gas. Lol its great. I'm gonna also get at that genesis coupe 1 more time.
That's a unique and intriguing car. I consider it the 2nd best handler n nearly tie with the Z as far as a value goes.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote