View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmg21 View Post
WOW...... WTF. That is insane & I have never ever heard someone going that effen long w/o changing their oil & especially their first oil change. I'm surprised there wasn't any damage from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
My cigarette dropped out of my mouth when he told me that. The car runs absolutely fine... clearly, technology has come a loooong way.

That being said the car only has 80k miles now, so I guess we'll see long term signs of damage in the next 30k miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
No crap... I thought my mom was bad when she let her mid-90s 626 go 12K w/o oil change. 40K tho? My friend had a brand new Mercedes not two years ago whose manual recommended 12,500 oil change increments.
There is a message here - 3750 mile oil changes under normal driving conditions (no tracking, etc) are not necessary. Obviously, Mercedes has a lot of confidence in their engines from not breaking down given their 12K mile oil change intervals. I have the same confidence in the Nissan engine, my 355 SBC, '03 Sport Trac and John Deere LT150. All use Mobil 1 and the oil is changed once a year irregardless of the mileage. But that's just me and my 35+ years doing my own maintenance and repairs. Hey, why pay $100/hr labour rates when you can DIY?
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote