View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

All,
here is my experience with M1 Full Synthetic. In 2000, we bought two new Jeep wrangler Sarahs. Both the Mrs's and myself had identical Jeep minus the colors. These were daily drivers at the time; 50-75 miles a day when gas was still kinda low. We did moderate 4x4 wheeling on the weekend and ran them year round. The wife did her oil changes at the dealership with what ever stuff they used. I moved to M1 FS. At about 74,000 miles I ended up smashing the oil pan. When I took the pan off to put the new one on, you could see the entire underside of the 6 cyclender engine as well as the inside of the oil pan. Both looked spotless. So out of curiousity, we took the wifes off to compare. I had to use a rag to clean out her oil pan with some serious elbo grease and chemicals. You could see it all burned on and discolored. Mine was spot free, shiney and looked brand new. We regularly changed our oil after 3,500 miles so I was shocked at what I saw. After that, I've run it in every car. Just my experience with it.