View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #55 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for proving my point even more with your edit and our own graph from another forum. The TT kit is at 375ft-lbs of torque at 3500rpm...the same amount of torque as the single turbo was producing on the graph you supplied. Then the TT just continues to walk away from the single all the way to redline whereas the single falls on its face at 6k rpm. That sir, is area under the curve. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
Mike, you are comparing my stock block 04 DE dyno to a 370z dyno (because no DE has ever made 276whp on a base run) Not sure the boost on that run either. Thre is almost a 10 year time laps between these two engines.

I also think that install cost should be thrown in the mix as well, not to mention ease of maintenance. It is not just a $500 difference, and I am sure many would agree.

It would be silly to get in to an argument over the two systems, as they are very different, and each have pros and cons.

EDIT:

I think this would be a much better comparison, as the engines are the same and boost is the same:

91 Octane fuel, 9 PSI, with a temp. manual boost controller:

Specs on the build aboove:

GTM Stage 2 Turn-Key Twin Turbo System
Cosworth Intake Manifold
Cosworth fuel rails
600cc injectors
GTM ECU Flash
Upgraded MAF Sensor
GTM 14" Fan kit w/ fan controller
GReddy EVO TT Exhaust
S.S. Braided vacuum lines
GTM 3" Down pipes
Defi Gauges

Credit the Cossworth IM for carrying the power better in the upper RPM's.

SOURCE: GT Motorsports: Stage 2 Turn-Key DE TT kit, Cosworth, EVO TT, 433rwhp/413rwtq - MY350Z.COM Forums
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote