View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #942 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSHNIK View Post
vo2max99, its hard to compare anything without referring to some kind of statistic. Objective comparisons are great, but they are... objective. Saying that the car is badass and you can drive it at 99% for 99% of the time is great... but many slower cars can be driven at 99% for 99% of the time (because their acceleration sucks and top speed is low). Does that make it a good sports car? You get used to it and it becomes a dull car...
I'd rather have a car that can be great on the road, but when I get a nice opening or a lonely curvy road - I can have exciting fun with which will end up with my heart rate going up and fun memories/stories.
I think you mean "subjective". Anyway, the proof of the eating is in the lack of pudding ...

In any event, top speed is rather meaningless for an everyday car. I've never come close to the top speed in my Mazda 3 much less my Z. Acceleration -- from 25 to 50 is a good interval to judge for twisty road fun -- and handling are my main concerns.