View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
seymore4
Track Member

Drives: 2010 nismo
seymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcanadian View Post
Hmm, I do know a tuner in van. But if its pre-tuned then its not really specific to my car. Perhaps i could purchase the tunable UpRev and bring that to him. Probably not trained in UpRev tuning but an experienced tuner should be able to figure it out. Thanks for the replies guys, so has anyone else heard of or tried the Hyperteck programmer, or is that just a waste of time and money?
Any experienced tuner will be able to figure out the uprev software pretty easily, it's not exactly rocket science. You'll just need to purchase the $700 tuner version so that he can tune it since the shop isn't an uprev protuner shop. Uprev is going to give you hands down better results than any canned tune, you only real decision should be between the email tunes with Osiris standard and dyno tune with Osiris tuner.

Personally I would go with the local dyno tune, even if he's not familiar with the software yet. You tune will take longer, but he'll figure it out and do his best. Not to mention that he's going to pay extra careful attention because it's a new software. Being in a different country there are so many variables that can differ, elevation, air density, temperature, fuel, etc etc. I'll probably get flamed for it but personally I'd trust the local dyno.
seymore4 is offline   Reply With Quote