View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #93 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Coming from the Wisconsin/Illinois border, Subaru's are a dime a dozen. In fact, the town I come from has a subie meet every Thursday, and every Thursday around 4-6 pm, a long train of 12+ subaru's come out; in every color, every trim, and typically, a ridiculous BOV and exhaust. They still sound great, but it's like a massive train of vuvuzelas.

That being said, I've driven a 94 impreza L making 200 wheel, an auto RS with 180 crank, an 04 WRX making at least 350 wheel, and ridden in a 400+ 09 WRX. If you've got within 30 horse of the Z, the all wheel drive makes it seem like an even match up to 60. I've seen that they often understeer while under throttle but overall, the subaru is a car that will work very well for snowy or rainy environments, and can be driven year round. The only thing that a lot of people hate about subarus are their insanely difficult to maintain motors; changing anything out of a boxer motor can be a serious pain in the ***...

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."