View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #940 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

The VAST majority who've tested the BRZ / FR-S say it's a phenomenal sports car not in need of more power (Car and Driver; Road&Track; Motor Trend; Edmunds, Automobile Mag; etc,etc..)

Judging the car based on test track #'s (apparently this is what EVO does) doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

The Z is in a different league? Sure and if judging solely by #'s most other cars 35K and under are in a "different league" compared to the BRZ / FR-S.

The BRZ / FR-S weren't built to produce fast test track #'s. They were built to be excellent driver's cars and by ALL accounts (other than EVO I suppose because they judge more on #'s) they've delivered.

A turbo kit would do nothing other than make the BRZ / FR-S produce quicker test track #'s. The vast majority who've actually test driven the car say it has just the right balance of power to make it a blast to drive on a daily bases. A turbo kit would be a waste of money / ruin the cars great balance.

The bottom line is that at least 9/10 say the BRZ / FR-S are among the best cars to drive right up there with the Mazda MX-5 Miata. So if this is indeed the case the car is going to be phenomenal.

As they said theirselves if you want #'s they have the STi. If you want a driver's car the BRZ / FR-S deliver.

You can mod the hell out of an STi and have a blast for short 3-4 second burst at a time. Personally I'd rather have a car I can drive closer to 99% for 99% of the time.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x20bpo

Last edited by vo2max99; 05-15-2012 at 01:15 PM.