View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
MacLean
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 GM Nismo # 0445
MacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
I'm mid way through installing the same Hertz Speakers and the Kenwood 9990. How do you like them?

The 2 6" JLs are an interesting idea, I picked up the 13.5" spare tire box used on the forum.

I also drove around without my Bose sub plugged in, I agree with Stewie, I didn't even miss it. I'm worried the 13.5 will be too much.

The entire set-up is awesome. The Hertz speakers are great, but I do recommend playing around with the EQ (DO NOT LEAVE EQ ON FLAT). I have the speaker Dynamat for the 6 1/2 in the door. Thnxs.......the 2 6'' are nicely hidden & still produce a very good punch, but depends on how much punch (bass) you want. As stated before both 6'' are b/w one 8'' & one 10''.

WOW....... the 13.5'' is effen heavy & a huge effen woofer. You will need a very good 500 watt amp for it. I hope you do not have your car lowered b/c I will guarantee you that if you put the 13.5'' with box (obviously) that your car will drop. The 13.5" was meant to go into a truck, suv, or a sedan & not really a sports car.

I have not heard the Bose stereo in the Z, so I would not know how it sounds with & w/o the SW. I can say this I bet the Bose speakers sounds a lot better than the base speakers (factory speakers) that come in the base Z & in the Nismo. The 13.5'' might be too much, but I would Dynamat the hell out of the car especially the trunk for sure.

Oh FYI....... You can still put two 8'' where the two 6'' are at.

Last edited by MacLean; 05-15-2012 at 12:08 PM.
MacLean is offline   Reply With Quote