View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #91 (permalink)
supunna_picta
Base Member

Drives: Red 370z
supunna_picta is on a distinguished road

Good assessment on your post. I've been looking to run against a stock 09+WRX at the road course with my Z but no luck yet.

The WRX is an easy car to drive fast where the Z takes more skill but is more rewarding at the limit.

They're polar opposites from a power delivery perspective but they both feel equally fast with the Z being quick off the line and the WRX coming in on boost around 3500rpms. Here in Colorado going up a mountain pass at 10k feet my money is on my WRX though. Everywhere else I'll take the Z.

The WRX is easier to city drive compared to the Z - clutch action, once you get use to it is easier, steering a little less twitchy, the ride more compliant and outward visibility is better.

We get about 25mpg in the city and 32mpg highway in the WRX and I've only been able to eek out about 20/26mpg city/highway in the Z.

You didn't take a step back considering your need for selling the Z. They're both a lot of fun to drive, they're just very different but for ~$26k the WRX is a bargain.