View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
MrBMW
Enthusiast Member

Drives: YELLOW 370Z 6MT NAV
MrBMW will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH370Z View Post
Well Done on doing the install and getting the review to us. However I dont see that these intakes are worth the $$$ considering you only get the gains over 6500rpm and you are actually losing torque in the lower rev range and a fair amount between 1500 and 2000rpm.

I also think that its another story once the bonnet is closed and you dont have a big fan blowing air directly in the engine bay.

I think the forced air system that Modshack has made is the way to go, but also may work very well in combination with the G'3 or the new R2C intakes which I hope bring some good results.
Thanks for compliments first off. Now as for $$$ per HP gained, as I have stated for me at least it's more to do with sound and functionality. As for the gains only being up top, thats to be expected. The stock ones are the restrictions in that range. Yes, you wont be driving at 6k+ all the time, but when/if you want to Track/Drag the car it will be helpful. Also it's a personal thing and each to their own. Some want bling, some want performance. If there was TT or SC kits out i would've done that, but there's nothing for now.

Also if you look at the graph again, the After run starts earlier on the graph. It's just a calibration thing thats all. So it's pretty much line ball till about 5200 (TQ) and the Stillen's keep it up for longer (was also mentioned in this same thread that i posted in the Intake/Exhaust section). Also why is that people go on about Bonnet Up/Down. I can understand it when say the bumper is off as thats where the PODS are. To be honest those fans are not going to push the amount of air the car will see when you're doing 5k rpm, in 4th gear.

Will also have to have another look at Modshacks site again. I did have a quick look a while ago, but I though the Forced air mod wasn't going to be as beneficial due to where the PODS are with the Stillen's.

Edit - Added larger dyno sheet, so it's easier to see results/compare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno2-1.jpg (112.2 KB, 24 views)