View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by harman.khinda View Post
the only thing turning me off the Carbotech AX6 is you either have to replace rotors or resurface them. I'd like a pad I can just swap in after cleaning the rotors. I can't find the PFC pads for the 370.
Had 9700 miles on the rotors on stock pads. I just sanded the rotors and bedded the pads. Didn't even take the calipers off. Stuck me finger in there with a piece of sand paper on the tip and went in and out as I rotated the rotor slowly.

And yeah, week of normal driving looks like I haven't cleaned the wheels for a month or two. 5-10x the dust. This makes me think I'll be going through them quite a bit faster than the stock ones.

For the squeeling, I'd try getting them hot and see if it goes away after that. Have no idea if it'll work but that's what I would try. Any chance you got rust dust from wet rotors in them. Washed the car and let it sit before driving/drying?