View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
redline727
Base Member

Drives: '13 MUSTANG GT 6MT
redline727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
Cg's on the results. Power looks real smooth. What was your elevation and temps if you don't mind me asking? Here in Vegas,the heat and elevation kill power on my car. I had trouble breaking 300 whp in 95 degree weather last time I was on rollers. My tune is coming soon. I just datalogged for an etune. Then ill take it to get a dyno tune.
Thanks, the elevation is about 300ft. The temp that day was prob 80 degrees. But also Ptuning has their Dyno enclosed in a separate room within their garage (kind of like a paint booth if you can imagine that) it helps reduce noise spilling into their showroom. But it also helps control the temps of the room itself and with exhaust fans running sucking exhaust out and fans running on the front of the car the temp in the Dyno area is pretty well managed. These guys really got their sh!t together. So big props to their facility and their tuner. I think every shop should have a setup similar to theirs. Check the link to their dyno info page. I know there is much debate as to which Dyno is more "accurate" inertia vs. steady state. I did my research and everything I read showed Tuners prefer steady state dynos (specifically Dyno Dynamics bc of how it collects data and presents it) by the way it calculates load and they are able to tune smoother curves with one so that's another reason I went with the shop I did. I think the power curve on my sheet shows this very well. So I felt I was getting the best custom tune I could for what I was spending. Plus I also read steady state dynos are able to simulate load conditions similar to the street so what you put down on a steady state Dyno is closest to what you will put to the pavement. So that makes me feel good seeing I produced the numbers I did knowing that.

http://www.ptuning.com/html/awd_dyno.cfm

Last edited by redline727; 05-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.
redline727 is offline   Reply With Quote