View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Hot damn, that is insane. I had to pay $1900/year and I thought that was expensive. However, this was after my mom had an accident in the G37 that cost $8000 in repairs and got a speeding ticket a few months before that. The way our insurance worked was that it was split between the family.

But I'm 18, and when we got the Z, I'd only been driving 2 years. Plus, we are asian, and we all know the asian stereotype when it comes to driving XD The only thing I had going for me was a perfect record and a good student discount, no driving classes in high school.

And $1900/yr was ridiculous, and we were able to get it down to $1600 a year a few months ago.

The 370z definitely shouldn't be THAT high to insure. I don't think accident rates are as high as a lot of other sports cars in this range, since it's usually sold to more mature drivers. Maybe they feel like they could charge that much due to lack of competition. OR maybe they expect you to wreck in the cold snowy months?

How much coverage do you have though? That could make a huge difference.
Where did you get that demographic from?

According to our forum, 2/3 of all the Z drivers here are under 40 years old. I think you are confusing the Z with a vette?
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote