View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #138 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Right, even the OEM-style rotors work with this. Another random point about the kit: you probably want to tape off the air intakes in the fangs to bed pads. I was able to bed pads and new rotors with the ducts installed, but it took a lot more work to get the temps up than usual. It's probably easier to tape them off, do the bedding, then take the tape back off, which is what I'll try next time around. The reason I even care (vs just taking a bit longer with them open) is that if you leave them open, the rears get bedded a lot faster than the fronts, and you risk overcooking the rears a bit just to get the fronts properly heated for bedding.
Glad you said that. Till now I never thought about the ducts being closed off to bed in.