View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #41 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
Wow for $1,500 you could just get a really nice tablet and also be able to use it out of the car. Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, etc. are all going to have to really think of something to battle tablets. I can see in the future Samsung teaming with Sion or something and having a docking option from the get go.

I used to run the P90 combo fro Pioneer, but currently run the top single DIN Kenwood. I can run a usb hub with 3 working ports for my 64gb flash drives or even 1TB externals as long as they are portable and low voltage draw (and a charger for my GS2) WITH an AUX and a dedicated iPod/Phone cable. I got it for like $300. $1,500 is pretty nuts IMO.

The simple problem with a tablet vs head unit battle is most people just want a head unit installed and not have to worry about custom dashed and or getting things to work with it.

Not having a SD slot is not the end of the world, simple usb to SD adapter plugged into the usb port should be fine. Or usb thumb drives are cheap enough now a days you can get one of those. I really do not see how not having a SD slot is the end of the world.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote