View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #71 (permalink)
sz34
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Pg 6mt
sz34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post
Ok, So Tony installed my non-res CF system on 5-4, & I am just at 200 miles on the system. I am running stock cats with an A7 (Don't need smog Nazi headaches )

Anyway Tony installs the system with great care wiping down all the finger prints & checking everything with a level. It looks great, super clean. The CF cans really disappear unlike the bling of the SS cans. After the recommended 4-5 heat cycles, 4 in my case, I was able to open it up. Here are my impressions thus far. The system sounds great driving round normally, not too loud at all. When I start to hit 4000 rpm under acceleration, I get a little bit of harmonic buzz from the hatch area & then it cleans up at about 4500 rpm. Resonators might take care of that or possible a few more miles down the road, but for me I can live with it, because once past that the exhaust is really coming on strong & building, but still not deafening loud.
I Hit the canyons today & it sounds so good going up & down the gears, especially the down shifts. Of course I had to make a few runs through the tunnels & it sounds great I love it
I can say that this was the right choice for me. YMMV

Thanks again to Tony for providing a great product & great service. Looking forward to the move & BBQ
nice! wish we had the same install date. wouldve loved to compare the non-res vs. the 12 in" i feel like mine is too quiet now lol