View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
CorbinDallas
Base Member

Drives: 12' 370z White Sport
CorbinDallas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Ok anyways i have about 500 miles on my car, it is new. got it with about 20 or so miles on the odo.

So after researching all threads here, i notice most people deem this chattering noise while babying the clutch in first gear is normal. very noticeable when moving slow in first and reverse.

My question is does this noise get louder over time? it is already embarrassing as it is.

I came from an evo and sti and none of those cars had any transmissions/clutch issues. Those cars clutches were smooth and had no problems.

The Z on the other hand is new and its already noisy, i can bare with it, but its damn sad when my friends are like what the hell is that noise?

Also i can sometimes hear this rattle after i turn off the car. the rattle goes on after the car shuts off for like 2 secs.
Granted I've only had my car for 3 weeks and 200 miles the chatter doesn't seem too bad to me. I don't think that it'd get any worse than what you are experiencing now. I'm coming from Evo's/STi's as well and yes you are correct there was no noise from the clutch but the Z doesn't bother me whatsover. It's a totally different animal and I'm loving it . I don't have any rattle upon turning off the car so I'm really not sure what you speak of there. Maybe a video would be helpful?
CorbinDallas is offline   Reply With Quote