View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyv View Post
I'm also an estimator. In Wisconsin St. Farm is a real cut throat insurance company. With little to no moral standards. The main thing when the car gets fixed, and something doesn't meet your expectations. Make sure to raise hell to St. Farm. The shop more than likely wants to fix it right, and will help you. Express your concern's to the shop before the repair, so they know what you want. There isn't much for wheel repair around here, but from what I have seen has not been positive. As mentioned before I'm sure they want to try and have them repiared first. Things to look for on your wheels when they are repaired. Make sure the color is uniform. Check to see if you cant see the repair. Also check the texture. Make sure it feels smooth not covered in overspray. It will be rough to the touch if it's a problem. The one's we have had done were awful, and the insurance company paid for new wheels. Welcome to the wonderful world of insurance companies....
Did you honestly just use the words 'insurance company' and 'moral standards' in the same context?

I vote this the unintentionally funny post of the day.

OP, if they are true and just scratched...let them repair them. If they look sparkly, case closed. If they are not very good looking you have a case to push the insurance company on in that they are obviously not right.

Would they allow a fender to be replaced and have a divot in it with not quite matched paint? No. So if the wheel is not right focus on that after they try.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote