View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #96 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
You guys need to stop thinking like this was designed like a race car, it was built as a mass produced vehicles and they look for cost savings and space savings at the end of the day. The racing history has nothing to do with it and frankly none of the race cars share the same features as the street car short of the dash layout and the body shape. Lotus Elise has the same problem too, same with Corvette, but none are this severe.
It isn't that I think of my car as a race car. I think of it as a car to take to the track for HPDE days. I am very sure that Nissan, like other sports car manufacturers are well aware of this use. Tracking and racing are not the same. It would be dumb for a manufacturer to market a race car to the public. That is a specialized market. However, over the last decade, motorsports (read that as "tracking") has been the fastest growing hobby in the US (according to Proformance Racing School).
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote