Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #572 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
I didnt know this...I am curious as to why this is?
Normally in say, my Murano, I can't really hear the water noise. It's up to my sight to see how much water is actually on the road, and to drive accordingly depending on my speed and the conditions. Being a Murano with all season triple tread Goodyears, I don't really drive it sportingly, so the only thing I usually need to worry about is highway hydroplaning. The triple treads get good traction in just about every condition, so no worries.

In the Z, you sort of get used to driving it harder, especially in turns etc. The Z also comes with summer only tires, that from what I've read aren't exactly great for anything other than dry pavement. I'm sure it's very easy to get this car loose on wet roads (something I haven't tried yet myself). So the good news for the noise is, you can actually HEAR how much water you are driving in. You don't simply have to rely on sight; your ears can tell you if it's just a light spray, or if there is a lot of water on the road surface. The more water noise there is, the more conscious I am about not gunning the gas or taking corners fast. I guess everyone else doesn't have to be this way, but I think it's sort of a built in safety thing for your car, and maybe you.

Does this make sense?
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote