View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #1090 (permalink)
Alchemy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to acquire tickets
Alchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
For me, Konis add a great deal more control. The car's tendency to wander while driving straight is almost gone, cornering is far more precise (dive in is gone) and I can corner faster than with stock dampers. The Koni's are also adjustable so you can determine the amount of under/over steer to your driving style.

BTW: I drive my 370 very hard.
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telephone View Post
Sorry, but this is little vague. Can you expand on why the Konis feel amazing on your car? What specifically improved over your stock shocks? How do you drive your Z? Are you happy with both cruising and performance driving? I noticed that your camber is uncorrected...do you feel that this is complimenting your driving style. Have you noticed any abnormal tire wear? Any side lower than the other? Lastly, what settings do you have your Konis set at?

Just trying to get more thorough feedback from you. My Z handles turns/corners very well with my Swift/Koni setup...even on the softest setting, but I find it a little too harsh for everyday commuting. Not that the Z rides perfectly smooth from the factory. I didn't get the chance to drive my Swifts with stock shocks, so you're able to give a more detailed review than I can.
How do you know my camber is uncorrected??? After I installed my Swifts I was aligned. The Koni's def dropped it a tad more so the camber is prob slightly out from where it was. I was running on the softest setting until last weekend when I stiffened them up one turn front and back. Ride is stiffer than Swift on stock dampers but a harsh ride dont bother me at all. Its not even that harsh. Cant expect performance and comfort. I drive my Z hard btw. The Koni/Swift combo is far more rewarding than the Swift/stock setup.