View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Jackster View Post
I am meeting with my Nissan guy next week to work a deal on a 2012 Sport. We have already agreed on a good number for my Trade-in, so I just have to pick out my Z. I am still 50/50 on 7AT or 6MT, but driving an AT should help me make up my mind. My questions are:

1) How is the quality of the Nismo strut/spring/sway bar combo + 20mm spacers? This car will be a second vehicle driven on the street only, but I like the slightly lowered stance. Adding these upgrades at delivery will keep the wife from asking too many questions. Ha ha.

2) How is the quality of the Nismo Catback? I plan to add Motordyne Test Pipes, Stillen Intakes, and Uprev. I know it has a high price tag, but does it perform/sound similar to other Aftermarket catbacks?

If no one sees any problems with this plan, I'll be rolling off the lot with a Base Sport with: Katzkin leather, Nismo Exhaust, and Nismo struts/springs/sways...Probably gonna be a 7AT.
1) On the street my Nismo suspension performs great although a little rough on the shitty roads in my area. At AutoX though the understeer is annoying. Currently have a set of Eibach sway bars waiting to be installed to hopefully remedy the understeer.

2) Don't bother with the Nismo CBE. It's way too quiet for a proper sports car. Instead get a nice Fast Intentions CBE.
Also just skip the test pipes and get yourself a set of Long Tube Headers.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote