View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #73 (permalink)
macaddict111
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z White Auto
macaddict111 is on a distinguished road

Consumer Reports makes themselves sound like they are the authority on everything. I've read them since I was a kid. But honestly, they are the last place I would really turn. And think about it: who the hell would get product ratings literally on paper? By the time their report is published, none of the models are even on the shelf anymore! They target exactly the type of consumer that would choose a car based on a non-car specific magazine: people who don't use the internet. Honestly, who the heck buys a car because of pure economy?!? If that were the case we would all be driving a Yaris (it's a car!) They make some of the most nonsensical comparisons and honestly I think sometimes they just rate things oddly so people feel "informed" and "aloof", like they found out some product revelation they wouldn't have found anywhere else. Back when stability control was first starting to get popular on new cars, they made a VERY strong point about the fact that they would NOT RECOMMEND an otherwise perfect car if it didn't come with stability control standard, base-trim. That's when I stared to realize that Consumer Reports is more of a consumer advocacy and activist magazine than anything.
macaddict111 is offline   Reply With Quote