View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #432 (permalink)
vjarnot
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Base SP M6
vjarnot is on a distinguished road

By the way, for those shocked at the bike rack: I had welded up a hitch for my S and towed a 4' x 4' trailer (for track wheels and bigass toolbox) to trackdays. Hitch removed from the car by pulling three pins under the *** end no need to haul it around the track)... burning yourself on the exhaust was optional, but considered to be good form. If you're interested in upgrading from the bike rack, I can send pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I understand what you're saying. Relative to the S2000 the 370Z feels like a GT car. There's really no getting around that. If you want to be happy with it I'd try not to compare it to the S2K. You get yourself in financial trouble that way. I always thought of my Z less as a sports car and more as a grand-touring type, because that's really how it felt to me.
I need to give the Z more time to prove itself to me, but I'm beginning to think that it occupies a weird no-mans-land between sports car and grand tourer.
My concern now is whether to mod the Z to make it track-worthy, or just commute in it and wait for the '15 mustangs (actually, '16 for me - never buy the first year).
vjarnot is offline   Reply With Quote