View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #81 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Well if it takes the perfect combination of factors to make it happen then I'm cool with that. It has never happen to me and what seems like many other people on this forum while driving on the street. I have done what the OP describes many many times with much less fuel in the tank. I have also never had an issue with the fuel gauge being inaccurate. Can you explain that problem as well?

Gauge is a sensor issue. Not at all related.

Nobody is contending that the fuel starve is going to be a problem for everyone....if that's what you are reading, try removing the chip from your shoulder and reading again.

It is an issue for anyone that wants to get on the gas out of a long, fast right turn. Most of the time when you see it on the street people are really dogging it, or you have something funky like a reverse banked turn. Even then, street starve is usually at a much lower fuel level than I would ever let my car get to.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote