View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
MarkeZ
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z Black
MarkeZ is on a distinguished road

Don't be nervous, like wheee! said, it was actually easy and a lot of fun. If you've had previous riding experience the first hour or so on the bike will be kinda boring. They actually teach you how to walk with the bike first then will teach you how to properly get on the bike.

Once you've moved past that, they will teach you how to feather the clutch and learn the engaging point. The fun part begins when they take you through the paces of learning how to do figure eight within the boundaries (if they make you do this, 2nd gear is your friend and feather the clutch and the accelerator). They'll also teach you how to properly take on turns and reaction/stop time. Don't be surprised if you don't go above 3rd gear in class.

Best advice I give is for you to never ride beyond your comfort level. Start small like in your neighborhood then gradually move up to street then highway.

I took my first motorcycle safety course in 1999 and got my license but never bought a bike. I bought my bike in 2005 so I took another class just a refresher which was just for fun because I took it with my brother and sister in law.

The people that taught my class, had a policy that in the event that you failed the riding part, they will either have you stay or have you come back the following weekend to practice and re-take the test. They didn't charge another fee for this. So, I guess it depends on the company you're taking it with.
MarkeZ is offline   Reply With Quote