View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
pokeyl
Track Member

Drives: ???
pokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond repute

I just had RE11's installed and have around 1500 miles on them. Works well in both wet and dry conditions: Florida heave rain and standing water no hydro. Seems to make more tire noise then the DW's that replaced them but transmits less road noise. DW's were down to 3/32 in the rear and 7/32 on the fronts.

I did go up to 265/35 in the front and 305/30 in the rear. Steering is heaver but it's a lot more tire.

26" tall VS 26.7", some speedo error now confirmed by GPS.

All noise measurment were conducted at the same location, time of day and temp, with a cell phone app "something db meter".

All in all, the tires stick like glue as the traffic circle at work is almost a perfect skidpad test area. I have a phone app for G-force but it's hard to drive and watch.

DW's were good but the RE's are better.

THe only other tire that I looked at this time was the Pilot Super Sports.