View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaddict111 View Post
I'm an audio engineer, and please realize that Bose has a different business model than other audio companies. With Bose, you will always find the smallest speakers which put out the "biggest sound". In America we're used to machines being engineered for more than they really need to be for those few times we want to "turn it up". Heck we're all driving a 330 hp car with two seats. Do we need that at all really?? But you get what I'm saying.

Bose has been in business because they don't just make the biggest amps and speakers, but they can make it sound pretty darn close! Of course you won't get your Bose system to sound like you have an 18 in the back. But in almost every other characteristic, for a stock audio system, it's amazing! The frequency response is almost totally flat, crossover characteristics are excellent, and it sounds like that given any input, at any volume. This is mainly because of Bose's relentless tuning and EQ of their systems, and their advanced DSP.

I know that a lot of people just want loud loud loud and bass bass bass (I listen to mainly electronic and have an 18 in my living room). But for the space and budget Bose had to deal with in this car, I think they did an amazing job.
Being a audiophile I have to disagree. They are far from anywhere near a quality sound reproduction. My 16 year old martin logans will run circles around any of their new systems. Back before the started making small speakers and building the systems with sound processors, they had some pretty nice stuff. but ever sense the plastic speaker boxes and the paper woofers came out. They have been utter junk.

I for one am not a loud loud loud bass guy by any means. My listening sessions include artists like Norah Jones, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Garry Moore, and so on.

I go listen to bose setups at any give time and my ears scream with pain. As the volume goes up you can literally hear things being faded out from the sound processor. What you are lest with is a muffled lifeless sound.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote