View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
macaddict111
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z White Auto
macaddict111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
Sounds like Bose stuff alright. Not only do they give you crap equipment - they sabotage it so you can't hook anything decent to it.

The fact that the "upgraded" sound system was Bose was the primary reason I didn't go for the Touring package. Good luck with the install - it sounds like it should be sweet if you can get it working.
I'm an audio engineer, and please realize that Bose has a different business model than other audio companies. With Bose, you will always find the smallest speakers which put out the "biggest sound". In America we're used to machines being engineered for more than they really need to be for those few times we want to "turn it up". Heck we're all driving a 330 hp car with two seats. Do we need that at all really?? But you get what I'm saying.

Bose has been in business because they don't just make the biggest amps and speakers, but they can make it sound pretty darn close! Of course you won't get your Bose system to sound like you have an 18 in the back. But in almost every other characteristic, for a stock audio system, it's amazing! The frequency response is almost totally flat, crossover characteristics are excellent, and it sounds like that given any input, at any volume. This is mainly because of Bose's relentless tuning and EQ of their systems, and their advanced DSP.

I know that a lot of people just want loud loud loud and bass bass bass (I listen to mainly electronic and have an 18 in my living room). But for the space and budget Bose had to deal with in this car, I think they did an amazing job.
macaddict111 is offline   Reply With Quote