View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #106 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaddict111 View Post
Here is my take on why I chose to get the auto:

The last car I had was a 6MT Tiburon. Yeah yeah, Tiburon... Whatever you think about them, believe it or not, it was an unbelievable car. It had so much torque (albeit mainly because of the gearing [3500 RPM going 70 in 6th lol])! Also, the Tib had a cable throttle, so just INSTANT response. Now that the Z has all this cool technology like dual intake and VVEL, this requires an E-throttle. I don't mind those! But for the manual and for a sports car, it just seemed like the intimate quick responsiveness I had learned to love and had gotten perfect at over the years was only being imitated now. The throttle just didn't seem responsive enough for me compared to the Tib, and it felt like it lacked so much torque! It just seemed like in a car with so much perfectly-tuned computer control, putting a manual in the middle of it muddled it all up. With the auto, I feel like the computer can do it's own, grand thing, in either mode. The auto feels MORE responsive to me after having drive 3 manuals, one for a whole day! Plus, as many others are saying, the auto is just simply more torquey, and that's what makes the car FEEL fast and responsive. And the Adaptive Shift Control is a very real thing, and it's what really sold me on it. I honestly feel like I don't need a manual now, because even in full auto mode, it's like the computer is reading my mind!

Glad you're loving the auto.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote