View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatip View Post
But Mod .. didn't you do that yourself, or is that a kit? If it is a kit, which one is that?

JVK .. do you have any other information regarding HKS?

At this point, I am just wondering if I should go with Injen or Stillen (baring ModShacks version until he can respond) as the intakes themselves sit outside the engine box for cooler air. I am leaning more toward Injen as you do not have to modify the outlet holes to run to the front fascia, unlike Stillen. My other concern are the actual Dyno numbers on each of those kits. I "heard" that the Stillen numbers were produced with the front fascia / bumper off the car and thus the large fan placed in front of it (for the Dyno results) was able to blow clearly and easily into the Intake, whereas for Injen they actually put the front bumper back on and took a more "true to life" Dyno results. Is this true, or has anyone heard / experienced otherwise?

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, as I know you guys are much much more knowledgeable about this stuff and I truly do value your experience / opinions.
HKS Racing Suction Kit