View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

The kenwood is made to fill in the missing lower bass Frequency's that a mid can not. It will not however do the job of a full side sub and amp.
It does have the potential to shake the car but it is not going to get you heard down the street. Everyone is different so it may not work for your needs. The install in cali for example. He was running a set of Polk db's and a BA amp with your same kenwood sub. There was plenty of bass for him and he listened to heavy rock.
Also do you have bass boost? Loud? or SRS wow? On These will all increase distortion. Also where did you locate the kenwood?

If you are wanting an alternative, I would highly recommend just going with the zenclosure and a a solid amp and sub.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 05-07-2012 at 10:08 AM.
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote