View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #39 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNismo10 View Post
I know I am a little late to this party...but I had exact same problem to the tee. Except i did not spray my engine bay. After a huge rain storm in south florida my engine did exact same as yours. Turned out moisture shorted out MAS..on bank 2. Replaced sensor and all fixed....but sad part is .. no warranty for water. $600+ parts and labor. Maybe its time to invest in Reader.
Yea, I got a reader totally because of this, it's good to be able to reset codes.

I ended up with a Kiwi Plex - Wifi, for iPhone (I believe they also have a Bluetooth version for Droid phones). Totally the best way to go. It's like $140 but with the APPs you can do so much more than just those typical OBD II readers. You can dynamically get data as you're driving the car and you should also look into Harry's Lap Timer App if you track your car.

Wish you the best on this. And thanks to everyone else that helped...taking it to the dealer was definitely the way to go with my case...otherwise who knows what else would I have broken if I kept driving the car as is.

I strongly suggest a reader...mine was Camshaft sensor code. Which is unlikely due to watering down my car.

I'm sure at one point it probably affected the MAF sensor but after I dried it out, the fault was clearly from something else.

Last edited by scruffydog; 05-07-2012 at 09:54 AM.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote