Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #146 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
. So considering that they don't have the capabilities to ever pull that off I think I'm going to have to wait for the Haltech Platinum. HINT TO UPREV HERE you can still beat the customized stand-alone and piggyback companies to market if you expand your software and it would be able to do double what the COBB can. .
As a FYI.......

Corky Bell did a Turbo Supra for me that used a Haltech system that I was quite happy with. By pure happenstance, one of the Haltech engineers was friends with the dyno shop whom sponsored me. They asked me if they could use one of my cars as the test mule to development a new engine management system which they felt would improve overall performance.

Wasn't privy to the actual hardware or software development and that doesn't matter as I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway, but did spend every single dyno testing session with them. The short of the story is after abusing my car for a month on the dyno, driving the streets of Dallas under different load conditions and numerous tweaks.......The car did not make a single hp more than the stock ECU when tuned with OBDII LT1.edit software.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote