View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
ChadB@Forged
Banned

Drives: Slow
ChadB@Forged will become famous soon enoughChadB@Forged will become famous soon enough

Last night, I accidentally found myself cruising along at 96mph while chatting it up with Catesby. The wide open interstate coupled with the dead rock stability of the GT-R gave us the allusion of a 65mph gentle cruise. Too bad the Iowa State Patrol didn’t share our thoughts.

After a brief chat he asked me to accompany him to his cruiser, informing us “this won’t take long”. This friendly law enforcement professional made the process as quick and painless as possible. Reduced to 85mph and we back underway.

This morning, we woke to what was left of the heavy rain storm that passed through overnight. As the skies start to clear a bit, we pulled into the legendary BP Gas Station cafe just next to Mid America Motoplex. This place is home to the area’s finest 1 star hotel…that’s putting it generously. But more importantly, a terrific breakfast cafe that doubled as our pre-race staging area.

We are wrapping up breakfast and heading to the track momentarily. We are praying they have race fuel, otherwise, I’ll be whipping up an E85 map and rolling the dice.
ChadB@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote