View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Hey JJ-Nismo,

So here's the update as to what ended up happening. It's like a snowball of a series of unfortunate event.

It all started with the root cause of me installing the oil cooler. I took it out on a test drive and then the oil leaked so much that the check engine light came on.

Turns out the car's camshaft sprocket which is lubricated by oil is stuck on advance about 7 degrees. I don't know if it was on-and-off at the beginning.

So I took it in the dealership and they took the whole car apart. Initially they thought it was the Camshaft Position Sensor, they changed it out but it didn't change anything. So they had to tear the engine apart down to the camshaft and replaced the sprocket. Now it runs fine.

As for the water inside the engine. It didn't really affect the car much. Although initially it did, but after it dried...it wasn't really the problem anymore.

The car ran like crap for a long time, and had tough time starting.

I'll try to post a picture of the sprocket.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote