View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #477 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by O&G View Post
Great disbenefit..... Lol awesome vocabulary bro. Seeing as your not always driving around with wastegates open that doesn't really apply. Also, some people like it..... To each their own. Save some money, be a man and run open dumps! Shoot fire, scare people you pass by, it's great fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE using TapTalk 2
Quote:
And its called a quick spool valve. Not an electronic cut out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE using TapTalk 2
Quote:
quick spool valve - Bing Images

BOOOM!
Thanks for your insight, "bro." However, the quick spool valve you linked us to doesn't do what the other poster was talking about. I'm not sure you took the time to read the link, but as described there: "The QSV essentially creates a variable turbine housing A/R size by blocking off one side of a divided turbine housing before boost pressure opens the butterfly valve to allow the full size of the housing's A/R." In other words, it doesn't allow exhaust to flow to atmosphere, like say, an electric cut-out valve does. Further, since your QSV requires "both a divided turbine housing and an UNdivided exhaust manifold," it would not apply to ANY kit currently on the market for the Z, including BP's. Hope I kept the vocab simple enough for you this time.

Last edited by Nixlimited; 05-04-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Nixlimited is offline   Reply With Quote