View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #138 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honesty View Post
Hey autox guys.

I've been racing with the SCCA for about 5 years now, and this will be my first year with the 370. I have a question about the traction control.

In my E36 M3, the traction control shut the throttle partially and applied brakes to the rear, so it was extremely intrusive. Plus it had a clutch-type LSD in the back. Now with the base model Z, it's got an open diff, but I haven't had a chance to test out the traction control.

Do any of the base model guys normally run with it turned off, or do you leave it on?
It is extremely intrusive, I don't see how you could possibly run auto-x with it turned off even in a base. It will kill the throttle and takes a long time to recover (restore throttle).