View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #936 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
I don't care about uniqueness. I want both Toyota and Subaru to sell a ton of them. I want 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation BRZs. I'd love to see this start a trend towards inexpensive fun to drive not-very-practical sports coupes. There is a real dearth in the market and if these end up not selling well, it will be a long while before a manufacturer tries it again.
Exactly! This is why this obsession with numbers many folks have isn't conducive in convincing manufactures to build truly great and affordable sports cars such as the BRZ.

I hope manufactures go back to producing more cars like the Honda S2000 / MX-5 / RX-8. Cars that may not be all that fast but are affordable and a blast to drive.

Of course many will dismiss such cars ONLY because their ego's are too fragile unfortunately. They're oh so afraid about that drag racing soccer mom in that 300hp V6 family car. This of course is ridiculous but you may be surprised by how many are truly terrified about such none sense.

For one, there's always going to be someone out there with a faster car. Two, if your concerned about your ego just race cars of similar capability. What's the point in racing against cars that are clearly slower anyways? It doesn't prove anything other than your car happens to be quicker.

http://m.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1112_2013_subaru_brz/index.html

"Wait, wait, wait! The BRZ isn’t about the numbers! A sports car doesn’t need to look good in the stats box, it just needs to be a great drive. And the BRZ is a great drive. If you’re looking for smoking 0-60 numbers and crazy top speeds that you’ll never get to, there are certainly other cars that better fit your tastes. The BRZ needs a convertible top more than it needs a turbo -- because that, not horsepower, is the only thing holding this car back from being the modern-day equivalent of those wonderful 1960s sports cars."

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?purq3e

Last edited by vo2max99; 05-04-2012 at 01:35 AM.