View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #78 (permalink)
JB1
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z sold
JB1 has a spectacular aura aboutJB1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
An oil cooler will let you continue a session longer. Your LIFE could depend on your brakes not failing. Not worth gambling.
Well put! For my first track day I only had RBF600 fluid and Carbotech pads, but no oil cooler yet. Having to take it easy on the main straight to let the engine cool down a bit was anoying, but beeing able to fully rely on the brakes in the twisty part made up for it. Would not have wanted it the other way around, i.e. Woriyng about the brakes, every time you approach a turn... Now I have an oil cooler, I'm taking turns faster and using the brakes harder, resulting in fuel starvation and melted dust boots on the calipers. So, brake cooling kit is ordered and I'm eagerly awayting the fuel starvation fix a couple people here are working on.

Long story short: 1. Fluid and pads are the first, must have upgrades for track work. 2. Track days are addictive and will empty your wallet quicker then a mistress...
Black Fangs // Black rear Valance // Berk CBE // COBB post MAF tubes // K&N drop in filters // Setrab Oil Cooler // Stillen Sway bars // Z1 SS brake lines // Stillen brake cooling kit // Harness bar //
JB1 is offline   Reply With Quote