View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #933 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

Easily exploitable limits. This is in a nutshell is what makes a car such as the BRZ so great to drive. It's a car you can drive at 99% for 99% of the time as the saying goes.

This is why this idea that the BRZ needs more power, wider / stickier tires, etc doesn't make much sense unless all you care about is numbers.

What's the point in having all kinds of power and extremely high limits if the only time you can exploit the cars limits is at a race track? Bragging rights? I just don't get the appeal...

Subaru could have easily put wider / stickier tires on the BRZ so that it would look more impressive on paper, pull higher G's, etc but "numbers" weren't their main concern.

Subaru's goal with the BRZ was to produce an affordable fun to drive sports car and by all accounts they've delivered. If you want #'s Subaru has the STi.

Yet in all the comment sections after the reviews of the BRZ / FR-S people continue to bitch and complain about the power. Is as if they have NO CLUE about what makes a sports car worth it.

Their logic goes something like this "OMG 200hp?? Why would I buy this slow POS BRZ when I can buy a 274hp Genesis Coupe for the same price"?

It's really amazing....

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?an3btv

Last edited by vo2max99; 05-03-2012 at 10:22 PM.