View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
bigdog1250
Track Member

Drives: 991.2 GT3
bigdog1250 will become famous soon enoughbigdog1250 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I saw them both at the dallas auto show. Both were silver (how dumb is that displaying them both in the same color.) The FR-S has a sharper looking front end. The BRZ is kinda dull up front. The brz has a few standard faux luxury features. But the other 3 corners are identical. Honestly, they are sharp looking cars. On the exterior, they are the next nicest thing to a Z. They make gencoupes look like garbage. On the interior, the auto-shifter looks official. Love it. But the dash and cabin materials are wrx cheesy. The Z, borders infiniti quality. Hyundai still uses better interior materials, or at least they look that way from the way they form the pieces.
The pics don't do it justice but the Z still looks flashier.
From the pics, I'd agree - I prefer the looks of the FR-S over the BRZ (Better front fascia). The rear of the car just doesn't look special. The profile looks decent, but again the rear fenders and back just seem like after thoughts. Again, I think the front end looks great on them. There were some pics on the net for a Greddy modified FRS in black and it looked mean! Maybe it's just the ugly stock wheels that is throwing it all off.

The Hyundai interior is shaped well, but the materials are shitty. Shape is more important to me, but the plastics really feel cheap and scratchy. I think the Gen coupe looks great from the outside (the rear and is fantastic, front is ok). The updated version is ugly though.