View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #124 (permalink)
axio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z
axio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
goes back to the earlier post, defeats the purpose.
Unless you're doing the occasional steep hill parking like we do in SF and I want to securely curb my tire? Or is that whole step pointless too, to aim your tire towards a curb when on an incline/decline, and have the steering wheel locked. If it isn't a big deal for the wheel to be locked if I'm pointed towards a curb, then I agree, no point in having the wire there at all then.

Do you think it is secure enough to just have your wheels turned towards a curb for incidents like this? Or will the weight of the car going downhill rotate the steering wheel so it no longer remains curbed and then goes down the hill? I ask cuz I just want to make sure it is safe in this regard and cuz I don't really know.

If there is merit for having the steering wheel locked and turned on an incline, I'd risk turning the steering lock to active via a switch for those occasions and back to de-active the rest of the time. Easier to hit a switch than unhook and then rehook the connectors each time i want to active/deactivate it.

Last edited by axio; 05-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.
axio is offline   Reply With Quote