View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #2136 (permalink)
Juno
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo #41
Juno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
just wanted to share this and see if anybody else has experienced any issues lately. i'm certainly not trying to stir up any sh1t, i just want to make sure this hasn't happened to anybody else here.

i called up Fontana two days ago and paid my room in full. they charged the CC i had on file that i put my deposit on about 2-3 months ago. yesterday, i got an email from Amazon saying an account was opened w/ my CC number and a purchase was made (~$50). they believed it to be fraudulent and closed down the account and refunded my card immediately. thinking this was spam - i checked my CC statement online. sure enough, an Amazon charge was made for that amount. WTF.

the only other charge on my account in the last month was to the370z.com to become a premium member - and that charge was made through paypal. before that, i had a $0 balance on the card for at least a month...

has anybody else had any issues? if you've made a payment to them in the past couple of days via CC, you may want to check your statement just to make sure everything is ok.

sorry for derailing everyone's excitement... just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Interesting...

About a week after I called FVR to confirm my cabin #, I had to cancel my card due to fraudulent charges. Hopefully that's just a coincidence, because there were two other places I used my card that I thought it could have happened. Thanks for letting us know!
Juno is offline   Reply With Quote