View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
sfearl1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 FBO E85 GTR
sfearl1 has a spectacular aura aboutsfearl1 has a spectacular aura aboutsfearl1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaddi_inc View Post
No doubt man, I was back and forth trying to decide between those 2 lips...I liked the idea of the sides color matched and middle CF on that evo. I bought the ings lip from nextmod hoping the finish would be acceptable as is in that matte black finish. Once it arrived I knew I had to paint it, I was going to sand and do a flat black but a buddy convinced me to color match and clear. more of a stock finish rather than an 'add-on'. I used a bit of two way tape on my install, but tbh I didn't need to, not sure about the evo lip instal, but im curious to see what it looks like color matched on a black Z. Your car looks perfect without it too, the spacers and drop are awesome, at that height the stock body lines look sweet.

phaddi_inc
The plastidip looked ok on the Ings, but after leaving the lip in the garage for a single night, dirt and dust collected on it and I could tell it would be a pain in the *** to keep clean. I really like it paint matched, and agree that it's not so much of an add-on now. Looks great

I'm super bummed I didn't save some money and paint the Evo-R lip myself like you did your Ings. Where did you get the MB/clear paint from?